Tuesday, December 06, 2005

More links

I'm going to be adding a whole bunch of new links to the sidebar. I've started today with the "Big Local Links," the most basically useful websites for finding local food sources. All are national, except for the Federation of Massachusetts Farmers' Markets. Next I hope to pull together a list of New England food providers, then a list of blogs on sustainable agriculture and the local food movement. If anyone can suggest any additions, let me know. Trying to achieve a diet of primarily locally and sustainably grown food is difficult; I believe we need all the resources we can get.

At some point I promise I will actually cook something interesting again and post about it. Really.

3 comments:

Urban Agrarian said...

I think it's great you're compiling this list of local resources. If you have lots of energy you could also list local CSAs and even local community gardens where people can grow their own food.

A nearby place that comes to mind for meat and eggs is Codman Farm in Lincoln, MA
http://www.codmanfarm.org/

Also I see you live pretty close to me. I'd be glad to meet you at Fresh Pond sometime and give you some free local eggs from my hens. I always have extras.

Walter Jeffries said...

*grin* That's funny! I clicked to leave a comment about "Urban Agrarian" as being a foodie / local grown blog near you and there I saw a note from her! :) What timing! Well, let me see, who else can I suggest... How about http://localharvest.com/

Pyewacket said...

Thanks for the suggestions - and UA, I would love some eggs! I'm in Porter. Email me at kjweldonatyahoo.com and maybe we can work something out. I would love to meet more people trying to live sustainably near the city.